Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Horse Study 5 by Roberta Rettew Iula


   Horse Study 5.  Florida. The horse farms looked so different than the ones in Pennsylvania. No bank barns, the fencing was white, green lawnish pastures....Wellington, Florida. 1996. I was riding my bike and was even thinking how the landscape stood so still. It was HOT. I stopped because I was so taken with this tree with enormous leaves. I had to have some. Leaves were on the ground. Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree. The horses staring at me reminded me of 5 sisters posing for a photograph.
The leaves have traveled from Florida to Texas to Pennsylvania.

                                                                                                                   SOLD                
I like the properties of the materials I used to hold this piece together. Pearl head straight pin next to nail, brass thumbtack, torn mat board.
Horse Study 5  sold on opening night of The 8th Annual Members Show, May 2013 at SHAPE Gallery, Shippensburg.
I am very happy that the leaves will move on to a new location.
 
               www.RobertaRettew Iula.blogspot.com
               www.Facebook.com/RobertaRettewIula
                  Commissions accepted upon request
                      
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
           
                                                                              
 
 
 
                                                                                
 








 
                                         

   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment