Saturday, September 22, 2012

Thinking Back to Florida...By Roberta Rettew Iula

After completing The Barn/Silo Series, I knew I wanted a big change in the palette for my next painting. Azo Yellow Medium and Cadmium Yellow Deep. This color range was on my mind constantly. I also knew that I wanted to begin working with square canvases.

The colors that I laid out for myself led me to the citrus theme, and in turn I began to think back to Florida living. Southern Florida in the mid to late 90's.  I always felt that when driving across the state lines into Florida - it seemed like entering a vast space outside of the U.S.  Brand new territory, yet really old at the same time.

SUNSPLASH is about warmth, sun, weather, afternoon rains, citrus groves, being buoyant and healthy, sun drenched.




                                                                      SUNSPLASH 
                                                                           20" x 20"
                                                                                oil
                                                                  Roberta Rettew Iula


                                                                                                
                              

No comments:

Post a Comment