Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Art On the Farm...By Roberta Rettew Iula

  A day well spent. Art On the Farm at Dickinson College Farm presented a wonderful blend of weather, sharing, meeting and greeting, plein air painting, delicious food and drink and friendship. It also made you so aware -or reminded you- of what happens on a farm, all the work, and the exchange that is offered to a community.
I really enjoyed looking for the spot that I wanted to be painting. You know, you almost always just see okra on your plate- fried up or some other scrumptious presentation. I parked myself right in the middle of the okra and tomato rows. Loved it!
Okra is of the Mallow Family- Malvaceae- and is related to the Hibiscus, cotton and cacao. No wonder I was taken in with the hibiscus type floral bloom, large leaf pattern and stature of the plant.
The title of my work is OKRA.  The medium used is soft pastel. My technique was both wet and dry applications.
Stage 2.  About 1/2 finished

Looking out from the rows of okra and tomatoes. Weather was perfect.


OKRA
16" x 20"
All Rights Reserved Roberta Rettew Iula 2012

 






No comments:

Post a Comment